Help porting to Adafruit GFX and Adafruit ST7735 to Energia
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Help porting to Adafruit GFX and Adafruit ST7735 to Energia

by DerekSpeegle on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Hello,

I'm having issues getting the new Adafruit GFX library to compile for Energia. I was using it on my previous project, no problem. However, this latest project requires the use of the Adafruit ST7735 and the Adafruit GFX but neither will compile for Energia. Is there anyone familiar with these libraries that can help me port it for msp430? I've been trying to havn't had any luck so far.

Thanks,

DerekSpeegle

Re: Help porting to Adafruit GFX and Adafruit ST7735 to Ener

by DerekSpeegle on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:37 pm

I've made some progress with this. For some reason, it would appear that Energia doesnt like things being initialized with a value in the header file. When I moved those values to the .cpp file it allowed me to continue to the next batch of errors. I'm stumped on this one though, and I'm hoping someone could help me figure it out. A post from TI shows that energia still uses an older compiler that doesnt recognize some of the newer C++ Syntax. Can someone with a more intimate knowledge of C++ help me figure out what changed in the latest version?

Energia for the MSP430 still uses an compiler version 4.x.x. This one does not support all the C++ syntax used in this library.

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_SPITFT::Adafruit_SPITFT(uint16_t, uint16_t, int8_t, int8_t, int8_t)':

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp:247:28: error: type 'Adafruit_SPITFT' is not a direct base of 'Adafruit_SPITFT'

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp:247:67: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()'

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp:247:67: note: candidates are:

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\/Adafruit_GFX.h:17:3: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int16_t, int16_t)

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\/Adafruit_GFX.h:17:3: note:   candidate expects 2 arguments, 0 provided

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\/Adafruit_GFX.h:13:7: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\/Adafruit_GFX.h:13:7: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 0 provided

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_SPITFT::Adafruit_SPITFT(uint16_t, uint16_t, tftBusWidth, int8_t, int8_t, int8_t, int8_t, int8_t, int8_t)':

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp:384:10: error: 'struct Adafruit_SPITFT::<anonymous>' has no member named 'wide'

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp: In member function 'void Adafruit_SPITFT::invertDisplay(bool)':

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp:1709:22: error: 'invertOnCommand' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\energia-1.6.10E18\libraries\Adafruit_GFX\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp:1709:40: error: 'invertOffCommand' was not declared in this scope

exit status 1
Error compiling for board MSP-EXP430FR5994LP.

Thanks,

DerekSpeegle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.