uncannyEyes doesn't work with latest libraries
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

uncannyEyes doesn't work with latest libraries

by hierophect on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:01 pm

I'm having some trouble getting the uncannyEyes demo to compile on the Teensy3.2. It appears that the most recent libraries don't line up to the source code. The error I'm getting (alongside many others) is:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
uncannyEyes:249: error: 'displayType {aka class Adafruit_SSD1351}' has no member named 'sendCommand'

Looking at the library itself, it seems class structure is very different from what the demo source is expecting - sendCommand has been refactored to a different class, and various other functions are now protected where they were once public. I've tried various versions of it, but I haven't hit the right combo yet. Could somebody help me track down what the viable library combination is?

Tested and failed:
Arduino 1.8.10 (latest)
UncannyEyes (latest)
Adafruit_GFX(1.5.7 latest)
Adafruit SSD1351 (1.2.2 latest)

hierophect

Re: uncannyEyes doesn't work with latest libraries

by hierophect on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Resolved. Teensyduino installs duplicate libraries for GFX with different folder names than the Adafruit versions, which will silently be included first, and do not throw a duplicate error in the compilation process. So I was using an older version of GFX, despite upgrading with the library manager. Manually deleting all copies of relevant libraries in my library folder and then reinstalling them with the library manager solved my issue.

hierophect

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.