📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 3 Day orders by 11am ET Friday December 13 📬❄️📦

Trouble setting up Neopixel 24 LED ring to Arduino UNO
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trouble setting up Neopixel 24 LED ring to Arduino UNO

by live4film on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:22 pm

[img]I recently purchased the Neopixel 12 LED ring and the Arduino UNO. I am using a portable DC input to power it on. I do not know where to put the wires though because the contact points on my ring do not look like the ones in the video tutorial. I have 2 sections on which to solder my negative and positive wires. There is an "IN" with VCC and GND, and there is an "OUT" with VCC and GND.

I'm not totally sure what I'm doing. A lot of the tutorials show wires being clipped on, whereas I am soldering mine. I currently have red positive wire soldered to the GND under the OUT section, and my black negative soldered to the GND under the in section.

I don't know if any of this is right. And I also don't even know where the the data wire should be soldered to. Same goes for the Arduino UNO, not sure where they plug in.

The diagrams show a different type of ring and connections. So if anyone can shed some light on the subject I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Attachments
LED_all.jpg
Diagram
LED_all.jpg (700.88 KiB) Viewed 56 times

live4film

Re: Trouble setting up Neopixel 24 LED ring to Arduino UNO

by franklin97355 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Power supply Power to either VCC
Power supply Ground to either GND
Arduino to IN
Arduino GND to Ring GND and Power supply Ground

franklin97355

Re: Trouble setting up Neopixel 24 LED ring to Arduino UNO

by live4film on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Awesome. Thank you!

live4film

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.