Adafruit Industries, Essential service and business: NYC – Executive Order 202.6 - Read more. Accepting essential orders - here's how.

Shadow Shifter Hand Print generator
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Shadow Shifter Hand Print generator

by karlclayton on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:33 pm

I am the creator of Shadow Shifter Heat Reactive T-shirts and I am looking into creating a demo platform for our t-shirts.

Our t-shirt change color with body heat so to demonstrate at tradeshows I came up with the idea to use a pixel matrix behind a t-shirt with a copper sheet in between the pixel matrix and the t-shirt so no light gets through but conducts heat rapidly. Sending a hand print or any other image to the matrix would produce a heat image. Once the image has been displayed in heat for a few seconds I can cool the surface back down with a peltier cooling fan and start again like the old Etch a Sketch.

What I need to know is how much heat do the pixels produce quickly to make the effect happen in seconds. I need enough heat just above body skin temperature to change the color of the t-shirt at that pixel point.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated and you can see how the t-shirts work at shadowshifter.us

karlclayton

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.