Adafruit Industries, Essential service and business: NYC – Executive Order 202.6 - Read more. Accepting essential orders - here's how.

HDMI for Pi not working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

HDMI for Pi not working

by Jawline on Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:06 am

Hello everyone,,,,
I recently got a HDMI for Pi 5" with touch display (2109) that I started working with yesterday. Initially it worked on several boots. As I had it lying on my desk at an awkward angle, I shifted it slightly and propped it up and it quit (the display went totally dead). That time a reboot got it going again. But the same thing happened again shortly afterwards. I can't see any problems. And no amount of shifting around, rebooting, or plugging and unplugging the various connections will get it going again. The led on the touch controller is responsive to touching the display and the power led on the other little pcb is green - but no display. Please help..

Jawline

Re: HDMI for Pi not working

by dastels on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:11 pm

I'd check for connectors that are loose and shorts (a bit of wire got stuck on it maybe?). Worst case is that it bumped against something conductive on your desk and something shorted.

Dave

dastels

Re: HDMI for Pi not working

by Jawline on Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:37 am

Jawline wrote:Hello everyone,,,,
I recently got a HDMI for Pi 5" with touch display (2109) that I started working with yesterday. Initially it worked on several boots. As I had it lying on my desk at an awkward angle, I shifted it slightly and propped it up and it quit (the display went totally dead). That time a reboot got it going again. But the same thing happened again shortly afterwards. I can't see any problems. And no amount of shifting around, rebooting, or plugging and unplugging the various connections will get it going again. The led on the touch controller is responsive to touching the display and the power led on the other little pcb is green - but no display. Please help..curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Jawline

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.