Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

PCB for ws2812 RGBW LED
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PCB for ws2812 RGBW LED

by ltodd2 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:23 am

Hi

I dont know if this it the right place to post this one or not so apologies if i got it wrong.
Since my last post ive been trying to get my project as small as poss. Im looking at the little lipo charger 2124. Now i might upset someone here which if i have just say. I took the eagle file for this board and have added an ATTiny and a micro USB port for power in to charge. Ive never designed a board before so was hoping someone here has and would be kind to run there eyes over it and point out my mistakes :) . Things like the placement of the usb, switch etc to the edge of the board. How do i mark where holes go for the component or is this done by that component object. I know some of the routing is still not working. Im hoping to get a few made but want to get it as right as i possibly can.
Attached is the board but if im not allowed to modify the adafruit one just say and i will remove it.

Lipo Charge and ATTiny.sch
(692.09 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Lipo Charge and ATTiny.brd
(157.86 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Thanks

Lee

ltodd2

Re: PCB for ws2812 RGBW LED

by adafruit_support_bill on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Our board designs are open source. You are free to adapt them for your own use. You cannot market them as "Adafruit" products or designs. But attribution such as "Design derived from Adafruit xxx" is fine.

adafruit_support_bill

by ltodd2 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:00 am

adafruit_support_bill thanks for confirming that. Im wanting to change it to fit an ATTiny on it etc so its all in one. I increased the size to 20x20 but being my first go at board designing i am having issues routing the tracks. Basically wanting a simplified feather with the onboard lipo charger but its just to drive the addressable leds so trying to keep it simple. I know i need some header pins/contacts to program it but not sure what else to use, the feather is too big and the trinket m0 would need the lipo board so getting think.
Anything else that might work thats tiny.

Thanks

Lee

ltodd2

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:13 am

For your board layout questions, it is probably better to post over in the Electronics/General Project Help forum: viewforum.php?f=8

adafruit_support_bill

by ltodd2 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:07 pm

adafruit_support_bill wrote:For your board layout questions, it is probably better to post over in the Electronics/General Project Help forum: viewforum.php?f=8

done. Thanks for the help

Lee

ltodd2

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.