Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

GFX Library Compatibility with M4 Microprocessor
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

GFX Library Compatibility with M4 Microprocessor

by Purav70 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Has anyone has tried using the Adafruit gfx and rgb matrix panel libraries for the 32x16 RGB LED Matrix on an M4 microprocessor such as the one on the Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE breakout board?

Before I buy the nRF52 boards, it would be nice to confirm compatibility with the library.

Purav70

Re: GFX Library Compatibility with M4 Microprocessor

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:06 am

Yeah, it works with them.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: GFX Library Compatibility with M4 Microprocessor

by Purav70 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:28 pm

The gfx library may work, but I seem to run into compiler issues with the RGBmatrixPanel library, when using the Adafruit Feather NRF52832 boards.

Looking into the #ifdefs, there doesn't seem to be a case made for the nrf52 platform. Is there a way to jerry rig an existing platform for use with the nrf52?

I tried to force the library to use the samd21 platform (and the corresponding definitions) given that the rgb matrix's communicates with simple digital and analog I/O. I did this by adding in the RGBmatrixPanel.h library the following definition:

#ifndef ARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD
#define ARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD
#endif

From there, I get errors such as:

C:\Users\Purav\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_matrix_Panel\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In member function 'void RGBmatrixPanel::begin()':

C:\Users\Purav\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_matrix_Panel\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:229:20: error: 'g_APinDescription' was not declared in this scope

int clkportnum = g_APinDescription[_clk].ulPort;

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Purav\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_matrix_Panel\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:234:17: error: 'PORT_IOBUS' was not declared in this scope

outsetreg = &(PORT_IOBUS->Group[clkportnum].OUTSET.reg);

^~~~~~~~~~

Please advise.

Thanks!

Purav70

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.