Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Connecting flexible Silicone Neon-Like LED Strips
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Connecting flexible Silicone Neon-Like LED Strips

by Ashaedson on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi all!
I’m looking to use the flexible neon-like led strips for a project of mine, but I’m going to need WAY more than one meter. Any tips on how to connect strips to make them as seamless as possible? My buddy that I’m working with is an electrician so anything like soldering is absolutely doable, I just need to know if that’s what I’m meant to do. Thanks!!

Ashaedson

Re: Connecting flexible Silicone Neon-Like LED Strips

by mikeysklar on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:44 pm

The silicon neon-like LED strips are not designed to be chained together. However, if it were me and I needed to do a large installation I would lay them out in 1 meter sections and hide all the power wiring to the leads for each one to make a "close to continuous" looking piece.

mikeysklar

by bamapookie on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:13 am

I am looking to do something like this, but I need to connect the silicone in a circle. Is it possible to fuse the silicone so that you see as little of the seam as possible? Wiring is not a problem because the back and sides will be covered, so I can cut the back of the silicone housing to get to the wiring.

I'm using the side lit neopixel neon-like silicone from here: https://www.adafruit.com/product/4310

Thanks for your help!

bamapookie

by mikeysklar on Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:42 pm

I think you can come up with a solution to get the silicon edges as closely aligned as possible. Maybe some clear tape and support material (wood/metal) to create a bridge at the seems. It will take some experimenting on your part, but this is more of a mechanical asthetic thing than a electrical limitation.

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.