Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit PiTft 3.5" - CLI working but not GUI
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit PiTft 3.5" - CLI working but not GUI

by Drako123 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi,

my 3.5" PiTft touch screen for raspberry pi works fine when I use the CLI on my screen, and it shows up on my monitor when I use GUI but not on the screen. the weird thing is that if i press on the touch screen which is showing a black screen, the mouse pointer on my monitor moves to that position! it just doesn't show anything on my screen. Any hints on how I might be able to fix this issue?(couldn't find anything that fixed my problem in the forums or online)

I am using Raspbian (fully updated and upgraded). I can also ssh & vnc connect to the pi but i would actually like the screen to work if possible.

Drako123

Re: Adafruit PiTft 3.5" - CLI working but not GUI

by BRoad on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm

I seem to be running into this same issue... I'm trying to get my screen to work with OctoPrint (buster)/OctoDash, but the touch controls seem to be rotated separately from the display. I can't figure out how to change the rotation of the touchscreen controls. I can't get into the GUI either to configure the controls as mentioned in the instructions.

I've followed the directions to install and setup the screen. When running apt-get install evtest tslib libts-bin I get the following:

pi@octopi:~ $ sudo apt-get install evtest tslib libts-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package tslib

I have not been able to get the tslib packages to install. I think this may be why the GUI isn't working, but I'm not sure. Searching the git shows that this was fixed, but it doesn't seem to be fixed.

BRoad

by hwdornbush on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:49 pm

My screen is working as I am using PiGate RMS which includes support for this screen. However, I would like to calibrate the touchscreen. I am following
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... -calibrate

When I try
$
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
sudo apt-get install evtest tslib libts-bin

I get the same error:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package tslib

hwdornbush

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm

@BRoad @hwdornbush Please start new threads for your issue.

@Drako123 Sorry for delayed response. Did you re-run the install script and select the mirror HDMI option?

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.