Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

PaPiRus 2.0" screen not working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PaPiRus 2.0" screen not working

by LargeC4t on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:18 pm

I have gone through the Git hub steps to install PaPiRus software and it is able to detect the hat. It tells me that the screen might be broken and it cannot continue further. I recieved this screen on the 7th of july however I did not have a Pi zero WH so i had to order one. after recieving the Pi zero WH yesterday i was finally able to connect and get started. after about an hour or so of install and trouble shooting the Python API and terminal commands seem to be working but nothing is going to screen.

I double checked that I inserted the ribbon cable correctly and for some reason it is still not working.

The last thing I am going to try is to make sure the pi has enough power as right now it is just plugged into my computer via a usb 3.0. however after that I am out of ideas.

if you have any ideas please let me know and I will try them. I would love to get this taken care of quickly however as I am trying to make a present for someone and am on a tight deadline
Attachments
2020-07-15_21-10-33.jpg
2020-07-15_21-10-33.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 39 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.74 KiB) Viewed 39 times

LargeC4t

Re: PaPiRus 2.0" screen not working

by LargeC4t on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:25 pm

After testing with full power to Pi there is no change same message and no change to the screen. I have checked the ribbon cable as well for any obvious defects however I do not see any.

Thank you for you time I hope we can figure this out together

LargeC4t

by LargeC4t on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 am

There is still nothing working on my screen. there is nothing more i can do and I would really like to get this working. if you have any ideas please help... if not please let me send it back and get a new one

LargeC4t

by LargeC4t on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Is this not the place to bring up DOA products? I was sent here by the contact us screen and I would like this to get resolved even if it is claimed that it is my fault so i can take next steps. please let me know

LargeC4t

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Sorry for delayed response. Yes, this is the place for posting about product issues and getting tech support. However, that specific product is something we are just a reseller for.

Have you tried contacting PiSupply directly yet?
https://www.pi-supply.com/contact-us/
sales@pi-supply.com

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.