Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

32x32 led matrix panel has suddenly developed a fault
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

32x32 led matrix panel has suddenly developed a fault

by g3xje on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:13 am

Hi - I purchased a 32x32 LED matrix panel, proto shield (for the UNO) and 4A power supply from you. I used the UNO to begin with, but rapidly ran out of memory, so changed to a Mega. I re-wired the shield using individual wires into the Mega sockets for the extra connections. Everything worked brilliantly for several months, but now it has suddenly developed a fault. The attached photograph of your 'plasma' program shows the problem. It seems as if several rows in bands are missing. Can you suggest where I should look for the fault? Is it likely that the panel itself is faulty? I have checked all the connections and they seem to be OK. If the fault lies with the Mega, perhaps I can change one of the outputs to another output? - best regards - Peter
Attachments
LED_Matrix_Panel_fault.jpg
LED_Matrix_Panel_fault.jpg (214.01 KiB) Viewed 39 times

g3xje

Re: 32x32 led matrix panel has suddenly developed a fault

by huddy987 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Hi, I am seeing the exact same thing! But with a 32x64 LED matrix and a Mega. Maybe its something with the library that causes issues on the Mega?

huddy987

Re: 32x32 led matrix panel has suddenly developed a fault

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 am

@huddy987 Please start a new thread for your issue.

@g3xje It worked and then didn't work, so something must have changed. See if you can correlate that to something. Also, the individual wire approach for connecting is extremely susceptible to a wiring connection issue, so good idea to go back and check all those:
I re-wired the shield using individual wires into the Mega sockets for the extra connections.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.