Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

7" HDMI screen poor resolution
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

7" HDMI screen poor resolution

by TMBROWNBRANDL on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:47 pm

I have purchased aHDMI 4 Pi: 7" Display (no Touch) w/Mini Driver - 800x480 HDMI PID: 1933 -- Order # 2316085.

These are the same screens that we have used in the past – we have over 60 screens in service. They are working great. I purchased 4 additional screens to replace a couple that were damaged.
However, I am having trouble with these 4 new screens.
Look at image001
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (204.98 KiB) Viewed 35 times

I tried using one of these screens with the old driver board. Look at the difference in the resolution.
Image003
image003.jpg
image003.jpg (115.41 KiB) Viewed 35 times

I believe the connections are all correct - but I have an up close image of the boards
Image005
image005.jpg
image005.jpg (245.59 KiB) Viewed 34 times

When we used the previously purchase board with the new screen, the resolution is amazing, but it is still not totally correct as you see the entire image is not on the screen. However, this tells me that there is nothing wrong with the screens themselves. I have tried multiple setting on the screens and on the display settings on the computer. I tried the apple tv to try a different input source, just in case, but the resulting images were the same. Any help would be appreciated. I am guessing that it is the wrong board or maybe just a simply setting. I am really hoping it is a simply setting.
Thank you so much for your help.

TMBROWNBRANDL

Re: 7" HDMI screen poor resolution

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 am

Hey, just wanted to let you know we are looking into this on our end. This is likely something on our side, but we need to check some things before responding here with specifics. Sorry this is happening.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: 7" HDMI screen poor resolution

by adafruit2 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:24 am

TM, we had a batch of misprogrammed displays - we can replace the ones you have. are you in the US? If so we can RMA what you have,
email support@adafruit with a link to this thread and ask for an "RMA FORPHIL" and they will send you new ones plus a return label so we can fix these up :)

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.