Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

neopixel painter issue
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

neopixel painter issue

by Lili2corne on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:49 am

Hi everyone
I decided to start the neopixel painter project because I am a photographer and this lightpainting project was already what I wanted to do but better.
so, I bought the material, I tested everything, it works.
I did the assembly on a breadboard for the moment (attached image. And I know that the UBEC and the 8 AA batteries are missing, I have not found the right parts) and it gets stuck. In the serial I can see that the images are read by the arduino, but as soon as I press the button, it does absolutely nothing, whether it is on the led strip or in the serial. Is it a problem in my editing? or in the code given by adafruit?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Attachments
schema.jpg
schema.jpg (116.6 KiB) Viewed 19 times

Lili2corne

Re: neopixel painter issue

by dastels on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:36 am

Did you run the tests with it on the breadboard? Do you know that the button and brightness control are being read correctly and that the NeoPixels are being controlled ok? The NeoPixels are getting power?

You can temporarily add print statements to give some feedback to try to ascertain what's going on.

Dave

dastels

by Lili2corne on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:19 am

hey, thanks for your reply. in fact it turns out that by testing a bit several of my wires did not work, so i replaced everything and it works!

so the problem is solved :)

Lili2corne

by dastels on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:34 am

Awesome!

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.