Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144 LED
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144 LED

by SNAFU417 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi, is there a way to make the Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144 LED portable? if so what power banks do you suggest. im working on a Halloween project and I will need everything to run on battery. just not a car battery LOL.

Also you'll have to excuse me I'm very new to all of this. Is the a way to sync up all the lights for different light modes? Maybe something with sound sensitivity?

SNAFU417

Re: Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144 LED

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:40 am

Yes, it can be made portable. But power requirements and run-time will depend on how you use them.

With all pixels at full intensity white, the strip will draw 8A or more. Most off-the-shelf powerbanks top out at 2A. This guide has some good tips on using energy efficiently in portable neopixel projects. https://learn.adafruit.com/sipping-power-with-neopixels

Also you'll have to excuse me I'm very new to all of this. Is the a way to sync up all the lights for different light modes? Maybe something with sound sensitivity?

We have several sound-reactive neopixel projects in the Learning System: https://learn.adafruit.com/search?q=neopixel%2520sound

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144 LED

by adappel on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:25 pm

I use one of these on my trike and it is truly awesome! I use a sealed lead acid battery 6Volts attached to the frame with heavy cable ties. I have several patterns. One is just red-white-and-blue which usually gets a warm reception. I use Propeller which has most of the code available from Parallax. I glued the leds to a piece of PVC pipe with shoe-goo to make a light saber. Very cool. I have the 256 led version and it puts out a staggering 27 watts of light!

adappel

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.