Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

best way to control neopixels
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

best way to control neopixels

by Rcayot on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:59 am

So, I have been learning both Python. I am developing a good understanding of the programming and my goal is to place a 5m string of neopixels or dotstars around the railing of my deck for mood lighting.

Here is my pre-project question. I wish to use either a Pi Zero W or a BLE enabled Feather to control the lights, and hopefully develop iPhone control over selecting various patterns.

I have a Pi Zero W on hand, but I need to know if the development environment on the Pi is more or less easy to develop the BLE interface.

I think I could use either a Feather or the Pi Zero to run the LEDs, it is the BLE that has me questioning the selection.

So, is the BLE support for Pi or Feather more robust. Mind you, all I really want to do is tell the microcontroller which pattern to run.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger Ayotte

Rcayot

Re: best way to control neopixels

by dastels on Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:15 pm

For something like this, I would use a Feather or ItsyBitsy nRF52840. Since you will be powering a significant number of NeoPixels, you won't be running opn battery so the Feather's charger won't be important.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.