Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Teensy 3.2 and uncanny eyes
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Teensy 3.2 and uncanny eyes

by zorlac11 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:00 am

Hello

I have a teensy 3.2 and a couple of 240x240 TFT displays lying around and I would love to give this project a try; however I see that my displays don't have the CS pin. How would I have to modify the code to make it work? could I still use 2 displays to render 2 eyes? if so, do I have to use another set of pins for the second display right? what would you recommend?

zorlac11

Re: Teensy 3.2 and uncanny eyes

by mikeysklar on Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:21 pm

I could see not having chip select being a problem with two displays, but you should be able to get one TFT running following the steps to get a single eye going. Usually the CS pin is pulled high to disable one SPI device and let another communicate on the bus. I would be curious if you can get a single eye going without the TCS LCD pin being used.

https://learn.adafruit.com/animated-ele ... s/software

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
eyeInfo_t eyeInfo[] = {
#ifdef ADAFRUIT_HALLOWING
  { 39, -1, 2 }, // SINGLE EYE display-select and wink pins, rotate 180
#else

{  9, 0, 0 }, // LEFT EYE display-select and wink pins, no rotation
  { 10, 2, 0 }, // RIGHT EYE display-select and wink pins, no rotation
#endif
};

The stock code, as shown above, has two eyes. To work with just a single eye, comment out or delete one of the two lines. In the Hallowing case (if ADAFRUIT_HALLOWING is defined), this is already done (notice also the rotation value of “2,” because the Hallowing screen is oriented upside-down).

If you must have two displays pickup up two of these as the guide uses:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2088

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.