Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

can't upload sketch to Gemma MO
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

can't upload sketch to Gemma MO

by tmp17 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:34 pm

I just purchased a Gemma mo and jewel but cannot upload my sketches from my MacBook Pro to the Gemma. When I plug it in there is a steady green light then it flashes yellow several times and then flashes blue and repeats. I get " No device found on cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
An error occurred while uploading the sketch." In tools I have selected Adafruit Gemma MO.

I'm not sure if I should use USB Stack Tiny USB or Arduino - I've tried both with no success.
Only one port shows up: /dev/cu,Bluetooth-Incoming_Port

I'm not sure which programmer to use - J link or Atmel-ICE

I have debug on.

I went through the Gemma Arduino setup guide - added the URL under preferences, used the board manager to add the Adafruit AVR boards.

I cannot figure out what I am doing incorrectly. Any help greatly appreciated.

tmp17

Re: can't upload sketch to Gemma MO

by dastels on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:11 pm

The M0 is not an AVR board. You need to install the Arduino SAMD and Adafruit SAMD board packages. BUT if you have Gemma M0 in your Tools->Board menu you should have those. Be sure you're looking at the "Gemma M0" guide, not the "Gemma" guide. They are completely different boards.

dastels

Re: can't upload sketch to Gemma MO

by tmp17 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:57 am

Thank you. I did also download the SAMD packages and the Gemma MO is in my tools >board menu. I will go back and make sure I'm looking at the "Gemma MO" guide - and not the older one - and go through the steps they outline again - I wasn't aware there were two of them so I may have been looking at the wrong one. I'll start over.

tmp17

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.