Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Wiring to extended pins PiTFT mounted to Raspberry Pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Wiring to extended pins PiTFT mounted to Raspberry Pi

by cntrlengr on Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Has anyone had any success wiring to the extension pins under the PiTFT between the LCD and the Raspi? The length of the standard jumpers is too long so I was curious what anyone has done. Thinking of pulling the pins out and just using a small piece of heat shrink at the bottom.
Thanks!

cntrlengr

Re: Wiring to extended pins PiTFT mounted to Raspberry Pi

by mikeysklar on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi cntrlengr,

Would it make sense to use RT ANGLE connector for the extension pins? We sell a breakaway that could be used by the 2x13 in the rear.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1541

mikeysklar

by cntrlengr on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate that! I just took the plastic off of the jumpers and put on some heat-shrink...bent the connectors a little voila! I connected the AMG-8833 thermal sensor and it works great! Now I am just sorting through the code functionality on the Raspberry Pi 3B+. I am having issues with the scipy module in the sample code. I will probably post a question in another forum thread for that.

Thanks again Mike!

cntrlengr

by mikeysklar on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Well, that is cool that you worked it out. I can't exactly see what you did, but I think I undersand the slight bending of the pin and heat shrink protection. As long as that doesn't stress anything great..

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.