Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Questions about 64x32 RGB Matrix - 4mm & Arduino Learn Guide
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Questions about 64x32 RGB Matrix - 4mm & Arduino Learn Guide

by sealyon on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm trying to use the 64x32 RGB Matrix - 4mm (#2278) with a Grand Central (#4064) under Arduino and I have a bunch of questions. I know that traditional Arduino were slower processors based on the ATmega_xxx but we now have many faster alternatives like the SAMD51 in the GC and the referenced learned guide really should be updated to reflect this. Here are my questions:

1. The GC is a 3.3V device, so are level shifters required on the signals?

2. My plan is to wire this up using a Mega protoshield for Arduino (#192) and a set of header pins to connect the matrix cable (I'll add level shifters if necessary). I just want to VERIFY all of the connections for a 64x32 Matrix just to be sure nothing has changed, since this guide is over 8 years.

3. Again, since this guide is so old, are the referenced libraries still the ones that should be used (obviously, I'm sure the versions have changed)? Are there any newer libraries that would provide better functionality? Can anyone confirm that the GC will work with these libraries? If not, has anyone got the GC to work with with a 64x32 Matrix, and, if so, how did you do it?

4) Are there any other learn guides or videos that go over the Arduino Matrix libraries (these or any others) in more detail?

Appreciate any info. Thanks.

sealyon

Re: Questions about 64x32 RGB Matrix - 4mm & Arduino Learn G

by sealyon on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Can anyone help me with this?

sealyon

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.