UV NeoPixel bare modules
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

UV NeoPixel bare modules

by Sparklebeard on Mon May 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Hello!

I am looking to find the UV/UV/UV 5050 LED packages (5050UV395 on their data sheet) used on the UV NeoPixel strips, but I can't seem to find the bare LEDs available in the shop, and I haven't been able to find the modules on DigiKey either.

I've been working on a somewhat esoteric led matrix project that uses white, UV, and IR leds, and so far I have been cutting sections of white DotStar strips and UV Neopixel strips and attaching them to perf board. I want to move to getting custom PCBs printed, but I haven't been able to find the nice UV packages to pair with the WS2811 chips.

Does Adafruit sell these bar UV/UV/UV LED packages? If not, is there any chance you know what to look for on DigiKey/Mouser to find them?

Sparklebeard

Re: UV NeoPixel bare modules

by Sparklebeard on Mon May 03, 2021 7:00 pm

Partially answering my own question, it seems the form factor I need for the three diodes in one package is PLCC-6. I have found mystery Amazon sellers with these PLCC-6 UV blacklight LEDs for suspiciously low prices but am still interested to find out whether they could be available in the Adafruit shop.

Sparklebeard

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.