Roboface sample code intermittent crashing
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Roboface sample code intermittent crashing

by sideburn on Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi,
I've been experiencing with the roboface example and I have it loaded into an arduino pro micro. Ive wired up two 8x8 let matrix displays.

Everyrthing is working except the program is freezing up intermittently and the eyes drop pixels and lock up. the loop in the arduino is stopping as well. I have tried several different Pro Micros so it is not a defective Arduino.

I have tried both the unedited example code as well as my modified code that only contains the code for the eyes. Same result. Sometimes it crashes within a minute and other times it runs for up to 45 minutes and then locks up.

Has anyone else experienced this and knows the cause? Could it have something to do with a Pro Micro?

Thanks for any info,

-Tavis
sideburn

Re: Roboface sample code intermittent crashing

by sideburn on Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:44 pm

I've been doing more testing and I tried the basic matrix 8x8 test and set it to just cycle through an array of bitmaps and after about 30 minutes or so it crashes. Both of my 8x8 displays she the exact same pattern and the bitmap on the displays gets corrupt with missing pixels. I still haven't determined what the cause is but I am hoping it is a software issue since the displays are now inside of my project and i would have to tear the whole thing apart if i needed to replace one of the LED backpacks...

Going to continue testing and will report back if I find the culprit...
sideburn

Re: Roboface sample code intermittent crashing

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Try keeping track of the free memory and see if that has any relation to the failure?

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.