Requesting a sanity check on issues with 4536 "NeoPixel Mini
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Requesting a sanity check on issues with 4536 "NeoPixel

by fasteddy516 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:46 pm

I did some testing earlier and the duty cycle definitely tracks with the dimming.

I appreciate the offer of a refund, but at this point I'm not too worried about it. I've found and implemented a work-around for the pixel boards that I've got, and enjoyed dusting off the oscilloscope that I haven't used in far too long. My main concern is preventing other people from running into the same issue. It's pretty discouraging to wire a bunch of these things up only to have them flicker and flash, and it's all too easy to assume that the problem is in the soldering/connections. I probably would have thrown in the towel awhile ago if it wasn't for the pile of 3D printed parts I designed around this particular NeoPixel form factor, so I really just needed them to work.

I would very much like to see some sort of notice/warning on the product page, assuming the product team agrees that there is an issue. An updated pixel board (either a new design, or with a '000' jumper in place of the 75ohm oddity) would be even better, although I suspect this particular product is not designed/manufactured in-house, which might make that a non-starter.

fasteddy516

Re: Requesting a sanity check on issues with 4536 "NeoPixel

by adafruit2 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:18 pm

yeah its a bit odd, we added a warning/note to the product page and will see if we can get them with 22 ohm instead!

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.