Mini Skinny NeoPixels HELP! (Raspberry Pi Zero)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Mini Skinny NeoPixels HELP! (Raspberry Pi Zero)

by GrimGOd on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Ok so I've started a long awaited project that I have been putting off and require some help as I am kind of new to the Raspberry Pi scene! I am trying to install a Raspberry Pi Zero into an old retro GameBoy, the install isn't the issue. I had this amazing idea to design a Plexi-Glass Spacer for the front and back shells and what I have in mind is to have LEDs inside the handheld to light up the spacer! I have the spacers designed and finally in stock but my main issue/question is, is there ANY way to power lets say about 68 NeoPixel LEDs off of the internal batter pack with a PowerBoost 1000C converting the flow to 5v and if so, I could really and would GREATLY appreciate ANY helpful information into my journey of this amazing little handheld!!

GrimGOd

Re: Mini Skinny NeoPixels HELP! (Raspberry Pi Zero)

by mormonti on Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:56 pm

I hope it's okay, but I'm commenting to follow because I'm also new to the adafruit forums & picked up a pi zero along with some fun glowy strips in my last order and this sounds like a really fun project! I'm still working on concept ideas at the moment.

mormonti

by GrimGOd on Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:30 pm

Yes, that it fine, I want to get as many ppl that are willing and able to help me with this project to see this post and possibly get their input or even brainstorm with them to sort out my issues and maybe we can all learn something new along the way!

GrimGOd

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:17 pm

Some good general info on NeoPixel powering in the uberguide:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neo ... -neopixels

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.