NeoPixel color roll from multiple points on the string.

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
phil872001

NeoPixel color roll from multiple points on the string.

Post by phil872001 »

Summery: Basically breaking the single string into 4 synchronized color wheels.
String of NeoPixels in a X shape and want to have all 4 run the same color cycle from the center to the tips.

I have a Flora and string of 18 NeoPixels. the neo pixels were cut are arranged in an X pattern. the bottom legs are each have 4 and the top ones have 5. I have it wired up so that end beginning of each string is at the center of the X. So the Flora in the center, is connected to the first 5 in the top right, and then at the end of that string, i have a extension wire coming back to the center and is then connected to the top left string, and so on for the bottom two.

The goal is to have a color wheel cycle that rolls from the center of the X evenly to the 4 corners.
So i need a way to say "color cycle NeoPixels 1 thru 4 as one strip, color cycle NeoPixels 5 thru 9 as one strip, color cycle NeoPixels 10 thru 14 as one strip, and color cycle NeoPixels 14 thru 18 as one strip." How can i go about this code wise?

A million thanks!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (49.11 KiB) Viewed 64 times

Franklin97355

Re: NeoPixel color roll from multiple points on the string.

Post by Franklin97355 »

If that is all you need you can attach the 4 inputs to a single pin and the strips will get the same data.

phil872001

Re: NeoPixel color roll from multiple points on the string.

Post by phil872001 »

franklin97355 wrote:If that is all you need you can attach the 4 inputs to a single pin and the strips will get the same data.
Wow, a classic case of overthinking the solution!
Thank you!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”