Neopixels

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zatgun

Neopixels

Post by zatgun »

Hello .. I have a string of 20 Neopixels which I cut from a reel and I can communicate with them from my Arduino Uno and they perform just as I would expect.
* I have the 300R res in line with Din on first pixel
* I have 1000u 25V on the first pixel 5V to gnd
.. then I cut this continuous strip into segments of 1, 2, 3 and 7 pixels .. which I then reconnected with ribbon cable .. the groups are separated by no more than 30mm .. while all LEDs receive their data and the correct colours light .. a blue LED from 'some' (ie. not all) of these groups light at very low intensity .. the pixels after it are fine. Further .. I can swap round the pixels in the group and it is still that pixel that is dim .. so it is the 'position' .. not the actual pixel hware itself that is at fault??? The complete chain length is no more than about 250mm.

I don't think 30mm between pixels should be an issue nor 250mm chain length? can you confirm pls..

dastels

Re: Neopixels

Post by dastels »

Did it work ok before you cut it?

The distances involved should should not be a problem. If it was, I'd expect pixels toward the far end to have problems. Which pixel is the problem? What about the code?

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”