3.5 TFT w/Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi model B+

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SquireQ

3.5 TFT w/Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi model B+

Post by SquireQ »

My TFT touch screen which is directly plugged into my raspberry pi 3 is not working.

The easyscript instructions set up the screen however the touch response is not working.

Franklin97355

Re: 3.5 TFT w/Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi model B+

Post by Franklin97355 »

Can you post a picture of the screen as it is plugged in? Which product number do you have?

SquireQ

Post by SquireQ »

Yes. Allow me to disassemble from the case. This was a setup I established a few years ago and now upon flashing a new version of Raspberry Pi OS the touch screen no longer works. It once did.

The model number on the back of the TFT is STMPE610 + HX83570- 3.5" 320x480 TFT w/Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi model B+

On the front of the TFT M13501-AO F1

SquireQ

Post by SquireQ »

Photo attached
BDAD31F7-9812-45E5-B1B7-6137275B407E.jpeg
BDAD31F7-9812-45E5-B1B7-6137275B407E.jpeg (74.15 KiB) Viewed 539 times

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

Hi, I'm trying to duplicate your setup to test things on my end. I have some questions:
Are you running Raspberry Pi OS Lite or Desktop?
For installing PiTFT, did you choose the HDMI Mirroring (FBCP) method or other options? You can just post the command you used to install and that will be easiest.

Thanks,
Melissa

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

FYI, I just tested on a fresh copy of Raspberry Pi OS Desktop and everything appears to be working.

If you'd like to try it yourself, I followed this guide page for the initial setup at https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpytho ... spberry-pi
and followed the easy install page at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... -install-2

I used this command to install the driver for the PiTFT 3.5"

Code: Select all

sudo python3 adafruit-pitft.py --display=35r --rotation=90 --install-type=fbcp

SquireQ

Post by SquireQ »

I have followed all of those instructions and have done a variety of different methods. This issue here is that the touch capacity no longer works. It is no longer a touch screen but just a screen now. Adafruit has changed something that has rendered the touch capacity useless. The screen turns on and displays the operating system, however it is now useless as a touchscreen. It does not work.

This has been addressed several times for this exact TFT screen from several different people and no one wants to acknowledge that they no longer function as intended.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”