HT16K33 reverse voltage?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
srklipst

HT16K33 reverse voltage?

Post by srklipst »

Dear friends:

I have a HT16K33 breakout board (catalog # 1427), and I'm setting up an array that Just May Possibly involve reverse voltage back to the driver anode pins (for example, from pin A1 to pin A0 for one matrix drive duty cycle). I read the spec sheet from Holtek, and I couldn't even find the words 'reverse voltage' in the whole document. ¯\_ (-_-) _/¯ I have no idea, no data.

Does anyone know if there is some data I could use? Or any experience with this issue?

( nota bene: I don't want to get into gating with diodes because I really don't need the voltage drop (unless it was a Schottky diode with 0.5V drop - IF absolutely necessary ) and I also have limited PCB real estate to cram more stuff into. )

Thanks in advance for your advice. :)

sj_remington

Re: HT16K33 reverse voltage?

Post by sj_remington »

I'm setting up an array that Just May Possibly involve reverse voltage back to the driver anode pins
That does not sound like a good idea, and I suspect it would be considered a serious design error in engineering circles.

srklipst

Re: HT16K33 reverse voltage?

Post by srklipst »

My other option was to work around the issue with my source code (Arduino), so I did that instead.

Problem solved, no reverse voltage involved.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”