Unable to find boot/connect Matrix M4 Portal

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Kiervek

Unable to find boot/connect Matrix M4 Portal

Post by Kiervek »

I just got my Matrix Portal M4 last night! I have the same exact problem that was posted a few days ago. I can't get any boot drive to show up on my Windows 10 PC. I have two green LEDS right by the reset button, but the round white thing that has 'Neopixel' written to the right of it is not illuminating. I assume this is a third LED? I have tried many different data cables, and verified they are data cables with other devices, but no amount of combination of reset buttons pull up any boot drive on my windows 10 computer. The other post mentioned pinning the dedicated reset hole (bottom of board to the right of the USB C power port, and so I jumped it to the GND in the upper right corner. Nothing, but maybe I am 'pinning the reset' wrong. I've tried resetting with the Portal M4 plugged into the LED matrix board and also unplugged. No luck.

I did send an email to support. Cheers!!

Kiervek

Re: Unable to find boot/connect Matrix M4 Portal

Post by Kiervek »

small matrix porta.jpg
small matrix porta.jpg (958.62 KiB) Viewed 417 times
An image for reference. The reset pin (RST) is the first jumper on the left bottom. Could only ever get the two small green LED's at the top left. What should work for the double tap of the reset? I tried so many combinations, nothing seemed to work. Immediate, 1/4 second, full second in between taps and more.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Do you still have the packaging it came in with the white sticker with barcodes? If so, can you please post a photo of that. It has some info on it we'd like to see for helping track this issue.

I think you've tried the reset button presses as much as needed. Let's just replace this Matrix Portal. In your email with support, link them to this thread and include your order number as well. They can then send you a replacement Matrix Portal.

Kiervek

Post by Kiervek »

Matrix Portal M4 Sticker.jpg
Matrix Portal M4 Sticker.jpg (238.25 KiB) Viewed 413 times
The package sticker

adafruit_support_carter

Excellent. Thanks!

Kiervek

Post by Kiervek »

The replacement board came today! I was able to reset it, get the round newpixel LED to light up (3 total LEDs), be able to be discoverable on the computer, get the matrixboot, and everything to get a test project working just fine! Thanks!
M4 works.jpg
M4 works.jpg (454.04 KiB) Viewed 375 times

adafruit_support_carter

Yeah! Glad the replacement works. Thanks for letting us known and helping with the sticker photo info. Have fun!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”