1947 examples just exploded

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SkyRyder

1947 examples just exploded

Post by SkyRyder »

I have the 1947 2.8" capactive touchscreen....

I had been using the examples especially for the touchscreen... but tonight, just after I did some library updates (the IDE informed me... so I just did all of the updates, not really checking what they all were).

Now... perhaps by coincidence? None of the touchscreen dependent examples work... and some of the purely graphics examples fail as well (Mandelbrot for example).

Is there a way to review which updates just happened... OR, is there a way to know the DATE of any given library update via the library manager?

Thank you!

SkyRyder

Re: 1947 examples just exploded

Post by SkyRyder »

Also, I have been noticing for a time that the IDE is reporting a problem at times when I go to upload a sketch... in red.

Code: Select all

java.io.IOException: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM7; Method name - setEventsMask(); Exception type - Can't set mask.
	at processing.app.Serial.dispose(Serial.java:171)
	at processing.app.SerialMonitor.close(SerialMonitor.java:147)
	at processing.app.AbstractMonitor.suspend(AbstractMonitor.java:113)
	at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2055)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM7; Method name - setEventsMask(); Exception type - Can't set mask.
	at jssc.SerialPort.setEventsMask(SerialPort.java:279)
	at jssc.SerialPort.removeEventListener(SerialPort.java:1064)
	at jssc.SerialPort.closePort(SerialPort.java:1090)
	at processing.app.Serial.dispose(Serial.java:168)
	... 4 more
I'm able to push past this by simply clicking Upload again... and the upload goes ok... but I wonder what this might be about. Maybe a clue?

SkyRyder

Re: 1947 examples just exploded

Post by SkyRyder »

Hi all...

please disregard the touchscreen issue... I discovered what it was. Apparently there are different versions of the same demos, and I was loading the wrong ones! Apologies.

Still, the failure to upload a sketch is an issue. I may move that somewhere more appropriate as it doesn't relate to the screen.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”