is31fl3731 wanting text scrolling across several modules

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mfratus2001

is31fl3731 wanting text scrolling across several modules

Post by mfratus2001 »

I'm trying to combine 4 driver boards (is31fl3731) and displays to have text scrolling across several panels.
Using gfxdemo.ino modified so it displays text only. So far so good. The additional boards would have different I2C addresses.

Can't find much on the subject.

mikeysklar

Re: is31fl3731 wanting text scrolling across several modules

Post by mikeysklar »

@mfratus,

So you comfortable with the wiring of the four boards with different i2c address. Is your question "how to scroll text across all four boards" using Arduino?

mfratus2001

Post by mfratus2001 »

I have code that works with simple Arduino boards, but the smaller boards I am trying to use have Circuitpython, and they are giving me problems, like losing the USB port connection after uploading a sketch. Code works fine with an Arduino Nano. Does not do well with Trinket M0.
Circuitpython does not seem to have a way to address multiple devices on the same bus, either. Not that I have found, anyway. Just struggling when it seems so straight-forward.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

CircuitPython can certainly support many i2c devices on the same bus.

Are you running CP7 with the current libraries on your Trinket M0?

Would it be worth using a Feather M4 to have the additional memroy / processor capacity for CircuitPython and the necessary libraries. It would still relatively small footprint.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3857

If you don't want to upgrade the board we can try and troubleshoot your Trinket M0 further and see if it is running out resources.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”