RA8875 / Display Connection Issues

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Orange_Jam

RA8875 / Display Connection Issues

Post by Orange_Jam »

Hello all,

I recently purchased a RA8875 Driver board and a 7" TFT Display (w/o Touchscreen).

I followed the primary guide posted by Adafruit to use with an Arduino Uno and wired it up accordingly. I am powering the driver and the Arduino with a 12V/3A power supply.

After the display runs for a few seconds (rendering the correct image) it will revert back to a white screen.
The time it runs is variable, as it runs for about 15 seconds when I first plug it in, but each time I reset the Arduino, the duration it displays the correct image is less and less, until it runs for about 3 seconds.

I'm assuming something is going on with the power supply or something is getting out of sync. If anyone could provide any insight into the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the code that I am currently running, however, even the example sketches will have the same effect.

Code: Select all

#include <SPI.h>
#include "Adafruit_GFX.h"
#include "Adafruit_RA8875.h"
#include "pixelColors.h"

#define RA8875_CS 10
#define RA8875_RESET 9
#define RA8875_WAIT 5

Adafruit_RA8875 display = Adafruit_RA8875(RA8875_CS, RA8875_RESET);

// -----------------------------------------------
void setup() {
    Serial.begin(9600);

if(!display.begin(RA8875_800x480))
    {
        Serial.println("Failed to find RA8875 Display Driver.");
        return;
    }

Serial.println("Found RA8875 Display Driver.");
    display.displayOn(true);
    display.GPIOX(true);
    display.PWM1config(true, RA8875_PWM_CLK_DIV1024); // PWM output for backlight
    display.PWM1out(16);
}

void loop() 
{
    display.fillScreen(0xEF5D);
    display.fillCircle(200, 240, 190, 0xAD55);
    display.fillCircle(600, 240, 190, 0xAD55);
    display.fillCircle(200, 240, 170, 0x2104);
    display.fillCircle(600, 240, 170, 0x2104);
    delay(1000);
}

TallyFeli

Re: RA8875 / Display Connection Issues

Post by TallyFeli »

Hi....I did a few researchs on what you said. Perhaps it's a superior answer for utilize a 4-channel (one for each SPI's pins) rationale level converter bi-directionnal 5v-3.3V. I figure it very well may be less expensive than utilizing an another safeguard (it's space burning-through and may cause a few issues on the grounds that toward the finish of my undertaking, I will utilize the microSD safeguard that I as of now have). I should add a little breadboard between the Arduino and the screen. Each wires of the SPI from the MEGA will go through the converter and it will go down to 3.3V. It's bi-directionnal so it'll be more helpful for the MISO/MOSI pins.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”