Arduino TFT Cap Touch Shield needs reset after every power c

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CaseyScalf

Arduino TFT Cap Touch Shield needs reset after every power c

Post by CaseyScalf »

Just getting used to working with the Adafruit 2.8" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen Shield as shown in this listing: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1947

I was able to get everything working including the graphics test and the paint example!

One thing I noticed is that every time I power cycle, as in unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in, the screen is just blank white. I need to manually press the reset pin and then it will load properly.

I would of course like to avoid this and just be able to plug it in and go. I have the same problem even if using a USB power bank.

This also happens regardless of the code used. I.e. it happens with all working examples.

What can I do to fix this so that the Arduino and Screen work right after plugging it in every time?

I see a lot of talk of different versions and reset pins though I am not sure what may be wrong after working on it this afternoon.

Here is the basic code I am using to display a black screen and then a green screen if touched. Works great until I power cycle then it's bricked until I hit the reset pin.

Code: Select all

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_ILI9341.h>
#include <Adafruit_FT6206.h>
Adafruit_FT6206 ts = Adafruit_FT6206();
#define TFT_CS 10
#define TFT_DC 9
Adafruit_ILI9341 tft = Adafruit_ILI9341(TFT_CS, TFT_DC);

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void setup() {

tft.begin();

if (!ts.begin(40)) {
    //    Serial.println("Unable to start touchscreen.");
  }
  else {
    //    Serial.println("Touchscreen started.");
  }

tft.fillScreen(ILI9341_BLACK);

} // End Setup

void loop() {

if (ts.touched())
  {
    tft.fillScreen(ILI9341_GREEN);
  } else {
    tft.fillScreen(ILI9341_BLACK);
  }

} // End Loop

CaseyScalf

Re: Arduino TFT Cap Touch Shield needs reset after every pow

Post by CaseyScalf »

IMG_3422.jpg
IMG_3422.jpg (233.58 KiB) Viewed 82 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”