Options besides Circuit Python???

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mwgray

Options besides Circuit Python???

Post by mwgray »

I Have an Adafruit 32x64 Matrix with the M4 board that came with it. With some struggle (I'm new at all this) I've gotten it to do a bunch of the projects. - The Weather Display, The Moon Calendar, the Scrolling Quotes, etc. Very cool. But want I WANT to do is much simpler, yet I can't figure out how to do it.

All the Circuit Python Codes I can find are all about interacting with Data on the Adafruit IO server. But I want to control the display locally, maybe with a bluetooth keyboard, a custom built button box, or even a smart phone.

The 2 projects I want to do are:
1) A Digital scoreboard that just counts up for 2 (up to 4?) players.
2) A simple number display that will show 4 big digits - like a Hymn board in a church. (Or it just displays typed text as it's entered)

Is Circuit Python even the right platform to be using for this? And if not, what else can I use with this M4 board?

I AM VERY NEW AT ALL THIS. I am super handy, but I don't know ANYTHING about programing. If you tell me to use something like "raspberry pie" I don't know if that's a board, or a platform, or a computer language. I need some hand holding. The adafruit tutorials seem to go very slowly and over clearly for stuff like attaching the diffusion screen, then blast through all the computing stuff like it's stuff I should already know. Please help.

Franklin97355

Re: Options besides Circuit Python???

Post by Franklin97355 »

Which product did you get? There are tutorials for Arduino that might help here.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”