Raspberry pi won't work

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AtharvAttri

Raspberry pi won't work

Post by AtharvAttri »

Hello,
I'm contacting you today regarding my order #2738419-9417085753 on the 12th of December. I brought an Adafruit RGB Matrix Bonnet and a 2gb Raspberry Pi 4 model B. I've been trying to use the raspberry pi for my project, and after replacing all other items in the product, I'm certain that there's a problem with the raspberry pi. At first it wouldn't display anything on my 64x32 3mm pitch RGB Led Matrix even though all the software was installed correctly. And now, it won't even boot and the ACT light won't even turn on. I've formatted and reflashed the SD card using the raspberry pi imager multiple times.

I was hoping you would be able to replace my raspberry pi as all troubleshooting methods have failed and I'm certain there's a fault with the Raspberry pi.

Thank You,
Atharv Attri,
[email protected]

rpiloverbd

Re: Raspberry pi won't work

Post by rpiloverbd »

Hi, have you tried running a simple python script in the Raspberry Pi? Did that work? Has anyone from the adafruit team contacted you yet?

AtharvAttri

Post by AtharvAttri »

Hi, have you tried running a simple python script in the Raspberry Pi? Did that work? Has anyone from the adafruit team contacted you yet?
See that's the thing, the raspberry pi won't even boot anymore even though I'm sure that the SD Card is imaged correctly as I even brought a brand new card for this.

I contacted adafruit support and they told me to make a post here so a technician could authorize a replacement.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Did your pi ever work and are you sure the SD card is OK? Have you read the warning here? https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... ng#warning the pi is very susceptible to inadvertent damage.

AtharvAttri

Post by AtharvAttri »

franklin97355 wrote:Did your pi ever work and are you sure the SD card is OK? Have you read the warning here? https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... ng#warning the pi is very susceptible to inadvertent damage.
Initially the raspberry pi would only start displaying stuff on my monitor about like 1 in 5 times that I tried, and even then it would usually stop displaying things after 10-15 minutes or after a restart. I did manage to get the LED matrix software installed once and it wouldn't display anything on it, even though I've verified multiple times that all the wiring is perfect.

I'm sure it's not a fault in the SD card as I re-flashed the first sd card after formatting it multiple times, and I even brought a brand-new SD card and the raspberry pi still isn't working. I am using the official raspberry pi imager to flash the sd card.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”