NTSC/PAL TFT 1.5 components not properly soldered

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mario0412__

NTSC/PAL TFT 1.5 components not properly soldered

Post by mario0412__ »

I have had many problems with my TFT device, which has now resulted in components falling off of the PCB, even with gentle care. Specifically, the coiled wire piece labeled 680 and the large silver resistor have disconnected from their contacts.
Attachments
20220430_234638.jpg
20220430_234638.jpg (380.38 KiB) Viewed 539 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: NTSC/PAL TFT 1.5 components not properly soldered

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you provide more information about what kind of environment these are being used in? Something must be causing the component to fall off. What source(s) of external forces is the board being subject to?

mario0412__

Post by mario0412__ »

Thank you for your response. This board was not used for any purpose yet - it had been sitting in storage. After I unpackaged it to use it, I was running my fingers over the components and the copper coil labeled "680" fell off. The silver resistor had detached from its pad when I had bumped it, but I was able to resolder that component.

bestelcom

Post by bestelcom »

Yes! I've had the same exact problem on these boards for three of my 1.5" screens. I had ordered four of these screens. One of them had the silver component fall off, another had the resistive coil-like part fall off, and the third has had video problems that make the image look like a kaleidoscope. The fourth one actually works as intended.

I'm wondering if I can get these returned for new ones or have some resolution for this. I'm not good enough to solder the components back and the third screen looks OK, so I wouldn't be able to find which component is wrong. It looks exactly the same as the working screen.

I've been keeping all screens in my lab, fully air conditioned, well-ventilated. It's where my 3D printers reside.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Not sure what's going on, but we can replace these.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number.

@mario0412__ We can replace the 1x TFT shown in photo above.

@bestelcom We can replace 3x TFTs you mention. In the future, please start a new separate thread for your issue and reference other threads as needed.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”