1.5 " TFT Display non functional on arrival

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Joeysnav

1.5 " TFT Display non functional on arrival

Post by Joeysnav »

Hello,

I ordered a 1.5" TFT display and it appears to be non-functional. Its backlight turns on when powered with 7 volts from my bench supply, but I haven't been able to get any display after testing it on 2 Raspberry Pis (with the proper config file modifications) and a gaming console (that I know to be functioning). The web page and box diagrams stress to be careful with the ribbon connector, and I have been. There are no visible signs of damage and I handled it very briefly before testing it. Would it be possible to exchange it for a functioning one or just get a new one sent out to me?

The order number is 2834631
TFTalone.jpg
TFTalone.jpg (288.51 KiB) Viewed 99 times
TFTfloor.jpg
TFTfloor.jpg (376.13 KiB) Viewed 99 times
TFTlivingroom.jpg
TFTlivingroom.jpg (299.29 KiB) Viewed 99 times

mikeysklar

Re: 1.5 " TFT Display non functional on arrival

Post by mikeysklar »

Is this the display you are using? We cannot verify order#'s in the forums.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=190911

When did you order the display?

Can you post your modified config.txt that you are using?

Joeysnav

Post by Joeysnav »

I ordered the screen on April 27th. It arrived the 29th. I actually tested it on the 1st, emailed support about my issue on May 2nd. They got back to me same day and informed me that I had to make a forum post about it. I got around to making an account and posting about it yesterday.

The display I am using is https://www.adafruit.com/product/910

The config file is irrelevant. I can post it if you really want to see, but I don't want to get bogged down trying to enable and disable a bunch of display settings. The bottom line to me is that it doesn't work with a console that I know to be functional and have attached pictures of working with another display. If I had purchased this for a project involving that console then this behavior would be enough for me to want to return it. The raspberry PI's are just further evidence that it is a display defect.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

The config.txt was requested only to confirm that you had set the appropriate resolution which is required for most TFTs to display any content.

You can request a replacement through emailing [email protected] .

Just supply them your order# and this forum link.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”