HACKING THE 1,3" 240X240 WIDE ANGLE TFT LCD DISPLAY

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
saltyJeff

HACKING THE 1,3" 240X240 WIDE ANGLE TFT LCD DISPLAY

Post by saltyJeff »

I have a question about this product: https://www.adafruit.com/product/4313

I looking for a transparent LCD (OLED won't work). From what I can see from the pictures online, the ribbon cable is mounted at the edge. My first question is: how easy is it to detach the back of the display from the PCB, so that the back is exposed.

If it is possible to expose the back of the display, my next question is what type of polarizers are on the display. I plan to yank out the backlight from the display to make it transparent, but I want to know whether I will need to add another polarizer or if the display already has the correct one on the back.

My final question is whether there are any anti-reflective coatings on the display front. I need the display to be as transparent as possible.

Thank you in advance!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: HACKING THE 1,3" 240X240 WIDE ANGLE TFT LCD DISPLAY

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

saltyJeff wrote:My first question is: how easy is it to detach the back of the display from the PCB, so that the back is exposed.
The display is held down by a piece of double-faced tape. Some gentle prying with a thin blade should get it loose.
saltyJeff wrote:my next question is what type of polarizers are on the display
I'm afraid we don't have any information about the internals. You'll have to pop it open and see how it fits your needs.

Do be aware that pulling it apart is what our blinky-stuff expert calls a 'p rofoundly warrany-voiding operation'. ;-)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”