Size of 2.13 Tri-color HD featherwing

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
haritech

Size of 2.13 Tri-color HD featherwing

Post by haritech »

Hardware: STM32F405 Feather connected to a 2.13 Tri-Color HD Featherwing display.

When I setup the display as 250 x 122 and fill the bitmap with RED there is always a black line at the bottom. If I increase the display resolution to 250 x 130 and fill the bitmap based on that it goes away and I get what appears to be a fully RED display.

Further if I place a group (group_QR) with an x, y offset to center the QR code in the display the y value is different if I have a 90 degree or 270 degree rotation.

I have attached the example program I am running.

It feels like this display is supposed to be 250 x 130 and that the y offset on the 'group' is being affected by the rotation of the display.

Not sure what I am seeing and would like to know if maybe the display really is 250x130 - is this a different run on the part. I could not find the schematic so I don't know the part number for the display.
Attachments
code.py
Example with examples for 90 and 270 rotation and display heights of 122 and 130
(2.94 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Size of 2.13 Tri-color HD featherwing

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Are you seeing the same thing if you run the example from the guide?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-1 ... thon-usage

haritech

Re: Size of 2.13 Tri-color HD featherwing

Post by haritech »

More or less yes. I have re-tested with the basic program example from the guide and displayed the 'display-ruler.bmp' file and I get very similar behavior.

I have attached 10 small pictures showing a test image 250x122 black box and 250x130 black box (6) and the 'display-ruler.bmp' (4) with various display heights and rotations.

In all cases a rotation of 90 and display height of 130 seems to work the best.

If you look at the image for the display-ruler.bmp at a rotation of 90 and display of 130 you can see the tick marks at the top and just a hint of the image below, if you look at it with a rotation of 270 the display is shifted and you don't see the tick marks at the top but you see more of the image below.

By the same token you when the display is 122 high, the 270 degree rotation has a black line at the bottom, the 90 degree rotation version has the tick marks visible but it's all shifted down and you don't see the beginnings of the image below.

It may not be the display height exactly that is causing the issues but there is some very odd interactions going on between the display height and the display rotation.

The best images I get are with a rotation of 90 and a height of 130 and displaying my test-border_250x122.bmp image (6_250x122r090h130.jpg), it shows the full board and is well centered in the image. If I reduce the display to 122 you can see that the image shifts down and I loose the bottom border (2_250x122r090h122.jpg).
Attachments
code.py
The example from the learn document, I just change the rotation, display height and the image being displayed.
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
test_bmp_filesr.zip
test images I have been using, 250x122, 250x130 and the display-ruler
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
example_images.zip
10 example images with various rotations and heights, first 6 are my simple border images and the last 4 are the display-ruler image
(199.58 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”