Looking for recommendations for scheduled lighting

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
papaku

Looking for recommendations for scheduled lighting

Post by papaku »

Not sure if this type of question is allowed here (the rules did not specifically forbid it), and if not, my apologies and please let me know a better sub to post it in.

That said, what is the simplest way to make a light (in this case a lamp that plugs into the wall) into a scheduled light that will turn off at certain times/days that I can schedule on my smartphone?

I'm not looking for any fancy bells and whistles or anything, just a simple setup that will make the lamp turn on or off at different times on specific days.

Also, if it is something that I can purchase online (ebay, amazon, etc.) that would be best.

Thanks and stay Healthy, Happy, and Safe all!

tepalia02

Re: Looking for recommendations for scheduled lighting

Post by tepalia02 »

My idea is simple. This task can be done by using-

1) An ESP8266/ESP32
2)A relay module
3)Your load. A bulb maybe.
4)BLYNK app installed on your smartphone.

There are many other ways to do this. I just mentioned the simplest design I could think of.

michaelmeissner

Re: Looking for recommendations for scheduled lighting

Post by michaelmeissner »

Well if you don't want to do the programming, do a search for "smart plug". Typically, you can control them with a smartphone app. If you have devices like Amazon's Alexa, and Google Home, they often times can be controlled from those devices. I haven't used them, but a quick google search found:
That being said, programming a device to do that can be fun (or frustrating).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”