Lights Burning Out

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jlklopfenstein

Lights Burning Out

Post by Jlklopfenstein »

In January of last year (2021), I purchased several meters of Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGBW LED Strip - White PCB 60 LED/m for a project. I followed all of the recommended guidelines for wiring the lights, with an precise 5V power supply. The lights were then used regularly, on average around 3 hours a day or so, but most of that was on solid white. This January, almost an exact year of the lights went into service, I have pixels going out randomly. The lights will work fine up until that pixel, which flashes and flickers. Somehow, it also corrupts the signal that goes to every pixel after it, meaning the entire strip beyond the bad pixel goes haywire. I have to take the strip down, replace the bad pixel, then place the entire strip up again. I am now to the point I have a pixel going out every other week. The pixel that goes bad is completely random. There is no specific pattern or place it is happening. I am getting worn out replacing each individual pixel. Does Adafruit carry some kind of warranty on something like this? What is the expected life of these pixels, and should I be having this much trouble this soon?

tepalia02

Re: Lights Burning Out

Post by tepalia02 »

Here it is said that they take back unopened products within 30 days. https://www.adafruit.com/shipping
But there is no mention of any service warranty. Dear Ada team please come forward if you have any servicing policy.

Franklin97355

Re: Lights Burning Out

Post by Franklin97355 »

Adafruit does not have a service policy outside the 30 days, sorry.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”