TFP401 HDMI/DVI specific screen supported?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
QuestionScott

TFP401 HDMI/DVI specific screen supported?

Post by QuestionScott »

I know that this board support all resolutions up to 1080p, but simply put my limited knowledge on the subject coupled with the fact that I do not want to buy these products and find out they dont work together led me to ask my problem here.

So, I am wondering if a TIANMA TM070JDHG30 panel, being a 7" 1280x800 screen, can be supported and used by Adafruit's lvds decoder? They seem to work due to both spec sheets, but if anyone here knows whether they would work or not please let me know as dont want to spend a lotta money just for this to fail.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: TFP401 HDMI/DVI specific screen supported?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We're not familiar with that display, so we can't make any promises.

In general, the TFP401 works with 40-pin dot-clock displays with a specific signal layout on their flex cables. There are no real standards for flex-cable pinouts, and while the one we use is fairly common, it's far from the only pattern in use.

We also haven't spent much time using the TFP401 with display resolutions higher than 800x480. Signal timing and output stability become less reliable, so we can't guarantee good output even if the display's flex cable pinout matches.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”