PiTFT with 2x13 pinout on 2x20 header

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oldnoob71

PiTFT with 2x13 pinout on 2x20 header

Post by oldnoob71 »

Greetings,
I have two of the 2.8" 320x240 TFT w/ Touchscreen for Raspberry Pi. I just received a Cyberdeck hat for my Pi400. Since the first 26 pins of the 2x20 are identical to the 2x13 pinout, is there any reason not to use them with the Pi400? I know at least one of the TFTs works on a 2B. Anything I should know before I leap?
Thanks,
oldnoob71

dastels

Re: PiTFT with 2x13 pinout on 2x20 header

Post by dastels »

I've never tried that but it should work. The potential problem I see is physical: the 2x13 header doesn't expect more header pins to be beside it and may not fit.

Dave

oldnoob71

Post by oldnoob71 »

Fits fine actually. Attaching a photo. I am such a noob with this stuff that sometimes knowing where to start is the hard part.

I am going to try to get this working for sport but I have the 64-bit OS running on the Pi400 and I'm not sure if all the parts are going to play nice.

Any tips are much appreciated.
Attachments
2022-07-10_CybrDk.jpg
2022-07-10_CybrDk.jpg (103.09 KiB) Viewed 163 times

dastels

Post by dastels »

Just make sure you have it on the correct (leftmost) end of the CyberDeck header, and be careful that it lines up properly (i.e. the end pins on each header line up) sop the correct pairs of pins are connected.

Dave

oldnoob71

Post by oldnoob71 »

Thanks. Done. By the way, using the SSD, this Pi400 is about as fast as my Win10 machine.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Good stuff. Linux runs leaner/faster than Windows. It always has.

Dave

oldnoob71

Post by oldnoob71 »

Trying to get the TFT running now. This one is giving a whitescreen and my monitor is not coming up so I imagine there may be an issue with this TFT display. I installed and ran the scripts (nomenclature uncertain.) Got a msg about fbcp being absent so maybe there is some residual setup info still left on the display board. Either that or this one may be no good. I will swap for the other display soon. I intend to mirror the HDMI display.

This is not new equipment. I got a box of Pis & parts from ebay quite a while ago. The original owner was a dodgy solderer. He killed a Pi Zero on first startup. I checked the display out and cleaned up some suspect areas but it may have been compromised already.

She who must be obeyed calls therefore this will have to wait.
Thanks

oldnoob71

Post by oldnoob71 »

Now, I need some help. I am using the Cyberdeck on the Pi400 and the PiTFT . After much cursing and discovering typos, I got the unit working. I eventually got the HDMI monitor to mirror the PiTFT. Just one problem, the PiTFT display image is upside down when the HDMI is right-side up and vice-versa. Does anyone have a solution to this? I am still searching the data on the PiTFT to see if there is anyway to invert the image without affecting the HDMI monitor image.

Actually, it has been interesting to get this done so far. Frustrating but interesting.

dastels

Post by dastels »

You should be able to set the rotation of the TFT. How may depend on the model, but it should be covered in the associated tutorial.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”