Can the RA8875 do a VERTICAL orientation with the 1596?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xanatos

Can the RA8875 do a VERTICAL orientation with the 1596?

Post by xanatos »

Can the RA8875 do vertical oriented displays, or only horizontal? Interested in using with PID 1596, the 5" 40 pin TFT with resistive touch - but it has to be capable of vertical display orientation.

Thanks,

Dave

mikeysklar

Re: Can the RA8875 do a VERTICAL orientation with the 1596?

Post by mikeysklar »

Dave,

It can be done based on the RA8875 user experience and from the datasheet.

What would you be driving the display with?
Rotation is a bit weird with this display. You have to modify both the write direction (to flip it to portrait) and the scan direction (to invert it horizontally and vertically) - I use them both in tandem. I missed it in the datasheet the first time around, because i wasn't thinking about altering the scan direction. It took me a bit to work it out, so I'm giving you head's up.
https://github.com/Bodmer/TFT_eSPI/issues/1485

xanatos

Re: Can the RA8875 do a VERTICAL orientation with the 1596?

Post by xanatos »

Mike,

Thanks for the response, this is good news and good reference material. Apologies for the delay in responding, been down for a few days with covid, lucky me lol

EDIT: I'll probably be using the SAMD51 based "CircuitBrains" available through Adafruit. Tiny footprint and just about every IO port is exposed, and I'm likely to use them all :)

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”