60cm EL Wire not working

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fkeating

60cm EL Wire not working

Post by fkeating »

I have ordered 3 strips of 60cm wire as well as 3 controllers. 1 of the 3 strips are not working and is DOA. I have tried

Tried multiple controls with different batteries and all of these work on the other 2 strips.

I have tried with a splitter and switch working strips for the bad one.

I have wiggled the connections and made sure they are tight. Bottom line is it is DOA.

I have emailed support and been given the run around telling me that I have to post here before they will help me.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 60cm EL Wire not working

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I have emailed support and been given the run around telling me that I have to post here before they will help me.
We troubleshoot problems in an open forum so that everyone can benefit from the knowledge gained.
1 of the 3 strips are not working and is DOA.
Test the resistance across the leads. There may be a short as in this case: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6&p=118717

fkeating

Post by fkeating »

If there is a short its faulty.

I did not buy a product that I would be expected to work on to be able to use. I bought a ready to use assembled product that I should be able to plug in turn on and have it work. If I would have bought all the bits to put it together I would under stand the need to go through testing etc.

At this point I have tested the strips without taking them apart and I have no intention of doing any more. The product is faulty, and I have contacted the supplier to have it replaced in multiple ways!!

If I buy a TV, plug it in and it will not work, I do not open it up and try to fix it I take it back and have the supplier sort out the problem. If I buy a kit to build my own TV and after I put it together it is not working then I need to test to see where the problem is. The difference is simple, 1 is a complete unit that should plug in and work and the other needs me to do something to make it work.

I bought from you a product that was already together, plug it in and it should work and it is not.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

please test the resistance across the leads. there may be a short as in this case: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6&p=118717

if there is, we can arrange a replacement and/or you may want to also repair it if you can as well.

thanks,
adafruit

fkeating

Post by fkeating »

I have no way to test!

I bought this to hook up and work not mess around with to fix a product.

If you will not replace I will have to complain to paypal or my credit card and have them reverse the charge.

There is no reason why I should have to go out and buy more stuff to make this work. The other 2 work fine I plug them in and they go, this one will not thus DOA faulty product!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

fkeating wrote:I have no way to test! I bought this to hook up and work not mess around with to fix a product. If you will not replace I will have to complain to paypal or my credit card and have them reverse the charge. There is no reason why I should have to go out and buy more stuff to make this work. The other 2 work fine I plug them in and they go, this one will not thus DOA faulty product!!
we only asked if you can test to confirm if there were any issues, if you cannot we offer replacements and refunds - we've said this numerous times over email. we can assist, please be fair with us :)

do you have any way to check?

thanks,
adafruit

fkeating

Post by fkeating »

I have no way to test, I got these because I would not need to worry that I have no tools I would simply plug them in and it would work.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

fkeating wrote:I have no way to test, I got these because I would not need to worry that I have no tools I would simply plug them in and it would work.
please email [email protected] reference this thread and include your order #.

thank you,
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”