Adalight with Lightpack

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mg3point

Re: Adalight with Lightpack

Post by mg3point »

@pburgess, thanks for the response. I did figure it out late last night. I had to use pin 51 for the yellow cable and 52 for the green cable.

I just finished wiring it all up. I was going to go the fancy aluminum railing route, but wanted to keep it more flexible (and cheaper for that matter), so i am using some 3/16 foamcore and zip ties. I plan on mounting it using some bigger washers and the wall mount screws in the back of the tv. I only have the power supply hooked up to the middle of the first strand currently, the brightness seams equal however i do notice the white tints a bit red to the end so i am going to continue with the suggested plan of splitting the power.

I have determined my system may just be too slow so i am looking for suggestions. I have all my components running through and audio receiver that when using the hdmi can only output to the hdmi and not multiple outputs. As a hack, i was planning on taking the yellow rca out of the cable box, bluray player, and xbox 360 and using and old school switcher box to translate devices being inputed. What is the best option? I don't really need a full fledged HTPC as all i am wanting is something that can take the video in, analyze it, and send it to the arduino. I'll post some pics once i get it a little further.

mg3point

Post by mg3point »

So i've got my system finalized and it works fairly decently with my daily laptop. The problem is i need it to work on my other laptop and i've had nothing but issues. Its an intel core duo 1.8 ghz with 2gb of ram. I have a cheap usb rca capture device to pull the video in. I've attempted vlc with prismatik but for whatever reason the video is distored on that machine. 2nd attempt was linux but am way over my head in that. Need help with the system side. Ideas?

Here are some photos and a test run with my dialy laptop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zud590x0h0ccy ... 211135.mp4

Interesting piece, when i first turned it on behind the tv it looked as though the leds were poking past, but what was happening was the glass edge of my tv was refracting the light around. I placed some electrical tape on the backside of the edge and it blocks the light and you can't even tell its there.

mg3point

Post by mg3point »

Realized the photos didnt show correctly...

smajor

Post by smajor »

The address of my calculator for adalight with lightpack has changed. The new address is: tvgloria.hu
I hope You'll still find it usefull and enjoy making az using adalight and other adafruit projects! :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”