SSD1306 Function Parameters

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tomcat

SSD1306 Function Parameters

Post by tomcat »

Could you please provide me with a description of each parameter for every SSD1306 built-in function.
Thanks...

adafruit

Re: SSD1306 Function Parameters

Post by adafruit »

Check the datasheet for every command understood by the SSD1306 chip

tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Sorry, not much help, I'm not an engineer. Most function parameters are straight forward, but 'testdrawbitmap' , 'drawbitmat' and 'testdrawchar' need parameters defined. Also, fonts displayed on page http://ladyada.net/products/oled12864/ for the 128x32 oled are much larger than what is displayed on my oled screen. It seems as though I actually have a display of 128x64 even though the board says 128x32. Do I need to modify the source in the SSD1306 library to make the proper adjustment?

Thanks.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

let's start from the beginning :)

have you gotten the examples to work?
have you followed the red-box instructions that say "If you're using the 128x32 OLED, be sure to uncomment the "#define SSD1306_128_32" in the top of SSD1306.h to change the buffer size"

the test code is just test code, it isnt fully documented because its only for testing.

check the SSD1306.h file for the current functions supported, as we have already suggested the last time you asked. If you need help programming it you may want to enlist the help of a C or C++ programmer if it's outside the scope of the examples provided, etc.

thanks!
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”