Adavision Software: PixelController

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michu

Adavision Software: PixelController

Post by michu »

Hey Guys

I just released PixelController v1.3 BETA - a Led Matrix controlling software that also supports Adavision.

Src: https://github.com/neophob/PixelController/downloads

as I dont own a Adavision Panel, it would be great if someone could test it!

Here is a screenshot, how PixelController looks like:

cheers
michu

anstone

Re: Adavision Software: PixelController

Post by anstone »

Michu,

I will test this tonight and share my results. Looks very nice and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for your work!

anstone

Post by anstone »

One question...

Can I use the same config.properties from the previous version? In other words, just copy-replace the one in the BETA folder with the one from 1.2.0 or whatever the previous version was?

michu

Post by michu »

the old config files should work yes.

thanks

anstone

Post by anstone »

Michu,

After some testing, the program does work, but not quite as flawlessly as the previous version.
For example, the crossfade transition produces some rather funny looking still images of the new animation as the two animations swap. I also couldn't get the threshold to work on the new GUI you've made. It's rather confusing having so many controls in two places as you have the old interface load just the same as it used to, and the new one just comes up on top of it.

The tint function is also rather finicky as you have the same controls as before, but new color presets with the new GUI. How can one change the colors to something they prefer instead of using these presets?

I'm also having quite a bit of trouble trying to get it to work with the TouchOSC app on my android tablet. I can't seem to get communications established and am not sure where to input the tablets host address within PixelController.

Anyhow, still an awesome program. I hope this helps! And any help with the OSC control would be much appreciated!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”