Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

2.8" LCD port to Digilent uC32
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2.8" LCD port to Digilent uC32

by zulucat on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

I've ported Adafruit's 2.8" LCD library (TFTLCD) to a Digilent uC32 processor board. With one exception the port works fine. The problem is that when running the graphics test program (graphicstest) a horizontal line is missing. The missing line appears to be in the same location all the time.

At first I thought that the problem might be a speed issue -- the uC32 runs the test code about 9 times faster than an UNO. I thought that maybe we were overrunning the ILI9325 on the display board. But if that was the case I would expect the failure to be of a more random nature.

I'm confused by the nature of the failure. I've written a simple test program which shows the same failure. It works like this
* fillScreen() - always works
* fillRect() - fails
* drawHorizontalLine() - fails
*drawVerticalLine() - always works

I'm hoping that there is a ILI9325 guru lurking on the forum who can point me in the right direction. I'd sure like to fix this.

------------------------------

On the off chance that what I'm seeing is a problem with only my board I've attached the library code to the post. Perhaps someone with a Digilent chipKIT board & a 2.8" display could see if they can duplicate the problem. Note that files have been renamed so as to avoid confusion with Adafruit's original files. HOOKUP.TXT shows you what pins to use.
Attachments
CKTFT.zip
(113.6 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
zulucat

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.