0

Supernova_poi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:15 am

I'll admit I didn't fire up the serial monitor when I couldn't get mine working initially so not sure if i was getting the FFFFFFFF response. only thing I possibly did different was rather than putting the IRemote library in the sketchbook folder I went straight for the Lib folder in program files and deleted the existing library, recreated the folder and just copied all the files from Github repository into it

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:02 am

laazarus wrote:I'll admit I didn't fire up the serial monitor when I couldn't get mine working initially so not sure if i was getting the FFFFFFFF response. only thing I possibly did different was rather than putting the IRemote library in the sketchbook folder I went straight for the Lib folder in program files and deleted the existing library, recreated the folder and just copied all the files from Github repository into it

I didn't do this because I'm using a Mac.. :-)
I'll try to get the other library with a full path, but as far as I can see it's the only irremote.h that I have.

The most weird part is that I can get it to start with the remote in the supernova_choreo.ino (the one with the music and different images), but not both at the same time.
One starts, the I need to pus the button again to get the other one running.
After the initial start they both become unresponsive to the remote and I need to reset them to get them to stop. After that, they won't start with the remote anymore.

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:52 am

KasHoogeveen wrote:I didn't do this because I'm using a Mac.. :-)
I'll try to get the other library with a full path, but as far as I can see it's the only irremote.h that I have.

The most weird part is that I can get it to start with the remote in the supernova_choreo.ino (the one with the music and different images), but not both at the same time.
One starts, the I need to pus the button again to get the other one running.
After the initial start they both become unresponsive to the remote and I need to reset them to get them to stop. After that, they won't start with the remote anymore.

I can't claim to be a Mac guy so I'm not going to be much help on that front, but if the coding environment is in any way similar to the setup in windows then mine has a lot more than just irremote.h file in the library folder. literally every thing from the github, think even the examples folder ended up in there.

I've not had a go with the choreographed code yet. I'll upload it to the poi tonight and see what happens

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:27 am

I can confirm it worked with the choreographed sketch as well. poi fired up dark, show started when pressing 7 on the remote, reset when pressing 8 and i was able to step through the patterns with out issue.
I also installed the usb serial driver and recorded what results i ws getting when i pressed the remote buttons
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD50AF
FFFFFFFF
FD50AF
FD50AF
FFFFFFFF
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD609F
FD609F
FD609F
FD609F
FD609F
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD609F

I seem to get an FFFFFFFF after each press going through the patterns, the sections with out were from pressing the start/stop button repeatedly

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 am

laazarus wrote:I can confirm it worked with the choreographed sketch as well. poi fired up dark, show started when pressing 7 on the remote, reset when pressing 8 and i was able to step through the patterns with out issue.
I also installed the usb serial driver and recorded what results i ws getting when i pressed the remote buttons
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD609F
FFFFFFFF
FD609F

I seem to get an FFFFFFFF after each press going through the patterns, the sections with out were from pressing the start/stop button repeatedly

My serial port gave me this. Even without pushing a button. So where is this coming from?
9652C6D5
C0A9859C
D051C301
BA94D2C9
A110150
FEAC02E7
FECB4122
49B0F625
C0CA8CD5
FDAC0152
FFFFFFFF
4CB0FADF
FDAC0152
33D1A034
C50BD9A8
CF639CC4
4AB0F7B5
3E390395
FCABFFBD
121AF913
FDAC0152
88F7877B
A81F065B
CB444B
69DBBC3E
FEAC02E4
4AB0F7B5
83401825
E66B1BB6
FFCD78E
F82C9598
49B0F625
FCABFFBD
D4426489
271C00E2
84C5DD29
63D31EA7
40D7F94C

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:53 am

what happens if you desolder the ir reciever from pin 5? does the serial port still see data?

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:03 am

laazarus wrote:what happens if you desolder the ir reciever from pin 5? does the serial port still see data?

Desoldering is a little hard to do right now but I'll give it a go tonight.
I did change const int RECV_PIN = 6; in stead of 5 and still got those same readings.
I'm using the teensy 3.6 by the way, I couldn't get a 3.2 over here but that shouldn't be the problem.

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:04 am

laazarus wrote:what happens if you desolder the ir reciever from pin 5? does the serial port still see data?

Oh yeah. Forgot.
I tried the Iremote_test and that works perfectly

#include <IRremote.h>
const int RECV_PIN = 5;
IRrecv irrecv(RECV_PIN);
decode_results results;
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
irrecv.enableIRIn(); // Start the receiver
irrecv.blink13(true);
}
void loop() {
if (irrecv.decode(&results)) {
if (results.decode_type == NEC) {
Serial.print("NEC: ");
} else if (results.decode_type == SONY) {
Serial.print("SONY: ");
} else if (results.decode_type == RC5) {
Serial.print("RC5: ");
} else if (results.decode_type == RC6) {
Serial.print("RC6: ");
} else if (results.decode_type == UNKNOWN) {
Serial.print("UNKNOWN: ");
}
Serial.println(results.value, HEX);
irrecv.resume(); // Receive the next value
}
}

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Is it possible to use an Apple remote to control the Supernovas?
And if so: How?
Iv'e tried the hex codes and long codes (2012etc..) but the POI just won't respond to anything.
At least not the way I would want it to.
With the command irrecv.blink13(true); i can see that the receiver is getting some data, but doesn't do anything with this.
Could it be the remote I'm using? I'm using a simple RGB remote from which I know the HEX codes. That didn't work.
Tried the Apple remote.. Still nothing.
I don't want to order the adafruit's remote since I live in Europe and it takes forever to get something over here.

Would be nice to get my Apple remote working.

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:54 pm

no idea on the apple remote. I have just tested with a remote from a cheap set of ebay rgb led lights (the larger of the 2 remotes that tend to come with these things) and with out changing anything in the code at least a couple of the buttons effected the poi and serial monitor displays the same format 6 characher hex codes. if you can find them localy that remote could be an option.

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:58 am

laazarus wrote:no idea on the apple remote. I have just tested with a remote from a cheap set of ebay rgb led lights (the larger of the 2 remotes that tend to come with these things) and with out changing anything in the code at least a couple of the buttons effected the poi and serial monitor displays the same format 6 characher hex codes. if you can find them localy that remote could be an option.

I am getting something in the serial monitor yes.
I'll post the ones that i've found later today, it's just that i don't know how to let the poi respond to these hex codes.
The poi do "see" the ir commands in serial monitor.

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:28 am

not tested yet but is should just be a case of modifying this code near the top of the supernova_choreo.ino file
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
#define BTN_BRIGHT_UP    0xFD40BF
#define BTN_BRIGHT_DOWN  0xFD00FF
#define BTN_RESTART      0xFD807F
#define BTN_BATTERY      0xFD20DF
#define BTN_FASTER       0xFD805F
#define BTN_SLOWER       0xFDB04F
#define BTN_OFF          0xFD609F
#define BTN_PATTERN_PREV 0xFD10EF
#define BTN_PATTERN_NEXT 0xFD50AF
#define BTN_NONE         -1
#define BTN_AUTOPLAY     0XFD906F

#define BTN_7            0xFD18E7
#define BTN_8            0xFD9867

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by KasHoogeveen on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 am

laazarus wrote:not tested yet but is should just be a case of modifying this code near the top of the supernova_choreo.ino file
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
#define BTN_BRIGHT_UP    0xFD40BF
#define BTN_BRIGHT_DOWN  0xFD00FF
#define BTN_RESTART      0xFD807F
#define BTN_BATTERY      0xFD20DF
#define BTN_FASTER       0xFD805F
#define BTN_SLOWER       0xFDB04F
#define BTN_OFF          0xFD609F
#define BTN_PATTERN_PREV 0xFD10EF
#define BTN_PATTERN_NEXT 0xFD50AF
#define BTN_NONE         -1
#define BTN_AUTOPLAY     0XFD906F

#define BTN_7            0xFD18E7
#define BTN_8            0xFD9867

I changed the code there yes. But somehow the poi just won't respond to te code that's send to them.
I have the right codes (read from serial monitor) but nothing happens.
I'm starting to think about just a few buttons on the poi to control it.
Could that work?

KasHoogeveen
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:03 am

any thing's possible. I'll have a bit of a play about with mine tonight and see if i can get them to work with different remotes. seems odd that yours are proving to be such a pain to get working.

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Supernova_poi

by laazarus on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:31 pm

just tested with the remote from my sony tv. just copied codes straight out of serial monitor and pasted into the code. turns out my tv remote has a better emmitter than the little adafruit one.

laazarus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.