pitft 2097 with pi 2b will not boot

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michaelorbeck

pitft 2097 with pi 2b will not boot

Post by michaelorbeck »

Okay, so neither the full jessie image or the lite image will boot on the pi 2b... it gets to "Starting load/save rf kill switch status of rfkill0" in the boot process and locks up... I can install noobs just fine and it works on the pi... I run the install of the raspberrypi-bootloader and it boots just fine... if i try to install the adafruit-pitft-helper it gets to the same point in the boot process as mentioned above and locks up. I tried to do the detailed install... but after editing the /boot/config.txt file and restarting the pi the screen does not go black it stays white.... everything is connected as its suppose to be... i have also tried with 2 different sd cards which according to http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards#Working_ ... g_SD_cards both the emtec micro sdhc 32 gig card and the sandisk ultra plus 32 gig should work... they both work with noobs but when i try to use the images or install the helper the above happens... any suggestions????

adafruit_support_rick

Re: pitft 2097 with pi 2b will not boot

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Will it boot with the PiTFT disconnected?

michaelorbeck

Post by michaelorbeck »

nope... gets to the same point and locks up just tried it... and tried installing the helper without the display connected also... gets to the same point and dies... and doing the detailed install the screen doesn't respond at all... just stays white...

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

its probably not locking up, its switching to the PiTFT and that isn't lighting up. post some photos showing your connections and your PiTFT and we'll look if anything is amiss

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... faq#faq-12

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”